Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Dinner With Mr. Chen

Well Sherra and I just finished a fantastic dinner at Mr. Chen's Authentic Chinese Cooking.  If you have not tried Mr. Chen's, you must!  It is my new favorite place to eat!  It also has an Oriental Supermarket connected.  The Supermarket has an abundance of authentic Oriental foods (rice, noodles, desserts, fresh seafood...just about everything you could imagine) and other Oriental products.  So back to our meal....tonight we had the Kung Pao shrimp, shredded curry chicken, spring rolls, and crab rangoons.  All of the food was great but we particularly liked the Kung Pao shrimp and I absolutely loved the crab rangoons!  After we finished our meal we walked into the market to look around.  Of course what does Sherra want to look at....the SWEETS!  While we were shopping we met this nice older gentleman who gave us many suggestions on the best sweets to buy!  He said that he was not supposed to eat many sweets, but his shopping cart was FULL!  We ended up buying four different sweets/desserts to try out.  White Chocolate Yogurt Wafers - we noticed after we left that these are made in Taipei, Taiwan.  They are very good and probably my favorite...Grape Gummy candy...Pocky which is Chocolate cream covered biscuit sticks, very good also...and Taiwanese homemade almond cookies, very good too, I think these are Sherra's favorites.  Going to Mr. Chen's and the market makes me feel like I am in Taiwan.  It makes me feel closer to Jack Everett.  I guess because they are both authentic Oriental establishments and we are eating and shopping with Asian families, I tend to feel as if I am a part of the culture.  Needless to say...we are excited about our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment