Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Step Closer...

This has been a week filled with good news! On Tuesday, we received updated pictures...3 of them and a video of Jack Everett playing! What a blessing that was! David & I were so anxious to receive more pictures of our sweet boy. He is just absolutely beautiful & we can't wait to share his pictures with everyone. Today he also turned one month old...Happy 1 month JE....our hearts are overflowing with love for you and we can't wait to have you in our arms!

Today, we received wonderful news...our FBI checks have been cleared and are in the mail to us!!!! This is such joyful news, because as soon as we receive these in our hands, we can send them to our social worker so she can sign off on our homestudy! So, what does all of this mean?? It means, it will then be COMPLETE...we will send it back to Taiwan so the translation can be finished and it will then be sent back to us...in Chinese! We can't wait to see it...our life story.....in Chinese. After we receive it, it will have to be notarized three times. Once in Rankin County, then by the Secretary of State, and then again in Atlanta...what a process! The adoption world is definitely not green, there is TONS of paperwork :) Of course, it is all worth it! Once all of the notary paperwork is done, our homestudy will go back to its final place...Taitung, Taiwan and go before the courts! We are praying that this process will not take too long. 

I have talked to other adoptive parents and have read many blogs, and now understand the feelings they have shared with me about waiting on bringing your child home. When you first begin the adoption process you are consumed with completing paperwork and gathering many documents....this keeps you super busy! After this work is done you begin the wait for referral stage. Once you receive your referral (your child), this is where it really becomes difficult. One of my weaknesses, is that I am not very patient. My mind right now, is only focused on bringing our son home as soon as possible. It is so hard, because we have no control over what happens from this point forward. Our work is done...now we just wait on others to do their work...this is what I find to be the most difficult for me right now. I have NO control. I pray daily for the Lord to take this feeling away from me, as I know that He will bring Jack Everett home according to His time...not mine. Please pray with us, for our son to be home according to God's plan and pray for the staff that is taking such wonderful care of him.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Fourth of July! Happy Birthday, America!

Blessings,

Sherra 

   

1 comment:

  1. So super happy for yall!! I hope to get to meet him someday! Praying for you girlie, I know it's hard to wait..... luv you sista aj

    ReplyDelete