Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Court Hearing

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in my post! We've had so much going on lately, that when I finally sit down...I'm exhausted! Jack Everett's first court hearing took place Tuesday, 8/23 at 3:50 am our time (4:50 pm in Taitung). Needless to say, I did not get any sleep Monday night when I went to bed. I think it was around 1:30 when I dozed off and then set my alarm to wake-up at 3:30 to pray for JE, the staff, the judge, and his birthmom. I could not go to sleep after that, as I was anxious to hear from our adoption contact. And, we did at 5:15 am...court went great! JE's birthmom arrived, they were able to apply for his passport, and the judge did not request any other information from us. The only thing we are waiting on now, is for the social work report for our birthmom. Once they receive this, it is estimated 4-8 weeks before the final decree..at which time we can travel!

We received a picture of JE last week with his adorable friend Amber Joy and it is the cutest picture! He is changing so much and is the cutest little thing! He now weighs 12 pounds and the doctor says he is growing perfectly! I hope to post some pictures on here soon of JE's room. My sister-in-law is making his drapes and covering his cushion for the glider in his room and his bedding should be done within the next couple of weeks...it is all starting to come together :)

David & I are so thankful for all of our friends and for all of your support and prayers. Please continue to pray with us and for us! 

Blessings,

Sherra

No comments:

Post a Comment