Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Patience Is A Virtue?

So, I am sure that we have all heard the phrase "Patience is a virtue," Right? As I sat here trying to think of what to title this post, this is the first thing that popped into mind. As you all know, I tend to lean a little more toward the impatient side of things. During our adoption journey, this struggle to gain patience seems to be a little more challenging....well,  A LOT more challenging! I wanted to look up the exact meaning of the above mentioned phrase and this is what I found: The phrase "patience is a virtue" is just a way of expressing the importance of being patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience is to tolerate delay, implying self control and forbearance.


The past few weeks have been really hard on me and my struggle with patience has seemed to have grown! Last night, my women's circle group at church met and I told them I sort of feel like a drug addict (what I think they must feel like, anyway)...with every step we take and accomplish...I find myself wanting MORE! Getting our paperwork to Taiwan was a HUGE deal and it arrived 2 weeks ago. We are now waiting to hear when our first court date will take place.....the court dates have now become my newest "addiction." There will be 3 rulings and I feel like if we could just get that first one under our belts, I will be satisfied...but, probably not!


Back to "patience being a virtue." The page I found the interpretation was titled "Walk In Jesus's Footsteps" and below the defined meanings, they quote scripture from the book of Romans, and it says: 3 not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.  During this journey, I have known for certain that the Lord is with me always and that He will take care of David, myself, and our sweet son, Jack Everett. Although it is hard at times and struggle and worries sometimes consume my inner being, I am gripping tightly to His hands and pray daily for His love, patience, and strength.


Jack Everett turned 2 months old on Saturday! Please continue to be in prayer for him and his caregivers; please pray that our documents will enter the courts soon, so our first court date can be scheduled. Thanks to all!!


Blessings,


Sherra   

No comments:

Post a Comment