Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To God be the glory!

So, as most of you already know, we received our final decree on Tuesday! Jack Everett Williams is officially and finally our son and we could not be more excited!! David's birthday was Monday...yes, he's a little halloween goblin, and what a wonderful birthday he had. Monday night we enjoyed trick-or-treating with our nephews and spending time with our family and friends. It was a great evening. To add to the great night, our dear friend Lenora who is in Taiwan visiting her son Asher sent us lots of pictures of Jack Everett, and even a video of him saying "da da"....what a sweet gift that was to both of us, but especially David! Lenora and her husband Chad, live in Tupelo and Lenora is in Taiwan on her way home from a mission trip to Malasia. They hope to travel very soon also. Please keep them in your prayers. David and I are so excited that they live in MS and look forward to getting together with them for play-dates with our two handsome boys!

Now, what happens next? When will Jack Everett be home? Great questions, that we wish we had a for sure answer to. BUT....now we...guess what?...WAIT. Yes, the infamous words of adoption...wait, wait, and wait some more :) We are waiting on Jack Everett's immigration physical to be scheduled and then we will be able to request our immigration appointment. We are still hopeful to be with him by Thanksgiving, but of course would love to board a plane any minute now. 

It is so hard for David & I to express the true amount of excitement we have inside of us about this whole journey. Even though, sometimes it is not easy, we could not be more thankful to our Father for choosing us to adopt His children. We were just talking about this today...adoption is so special to us and the feeling I get inside of me when I talk about it or even think about it, is an emotion of so much excitement, that I feel like it could burst out of me! It's such a powerful emotional feeling! As a friend of ours said to me not too long ago, it's a God thing, and it truly, truly is. He has been with us the whole time and will continue to be. He has already led us to this journey and we could not be more thankful to Him for that. We have met so many great families and we look forward to the future with them. The bond we have is so special! We feel He will lead us to others whom He as also placed adoption on their hearts...in fact, He already has.

At first, I didn't talk much about what all we were doing, because I just didn't want so many people a part of such a personal journey. The day we ran all over Jackson on our notary journey, I felt a strong urge to post our picture at the Sec. of State office. I thought to myself that maybe there are other families thinking of adoption, and don't really know how to start the process....We sure didn't. Mississippi is such a small state and you just don't hear much about adoption, especially International adoption. So, I decided to start "blog stalking" and came across a wonderful blog that caught my attention. I facebooked the guy that writes the blog and he became our saving grace. It is because of him and his wife, whom share the same passion we have for adoption, that David & I were able to purse our private adoption....and we are forever grateful to them! They are such a precious family, and their 4th son was just born last week...we will get to meet him when we travel...he's an absolute doll :) All of that to say, once I posted on facebook about our adoption, immediately I had a few people contact me about also wanting to adopt. This Friday night, we look forward to meeting with one of these families and sharing our story and journey thus far!

I want to thank all of you for praying for us and sharing in our excitement. We are constantly asked about Jack Everett and we can not wait for all of you to meet him. He is one special boy, and is loved soooo much. I can't wait to see what God does with his life and what He continues to do with ours!

Thank you Father for everything you do! Even though it may not be clear sometimes and sometimes we don't understand, we know that you always know! We trust in you and believe in you! Thank you for loving us unconditionally!!

Blessings,

Sherra

No comments:

Post a Comment